Saturday 16 October 2010

Alice Palmer - Post Fashion Fringe 2010

It's been almost a month since I finished work with Alice and her collection for Fashion Fringe, we've both been so busy time sure has flown, but managed a brief catch up with what she's been upto since FW.

- The summer was a rush working with you over the summer, on so many levels! How has business been post-fashion fringe?
"Things haven't slowed down at all! Since the fashion show I have been to Paris where I had a showroom with Zip Zone. This was really successful and I picked up new stockists from The Far East and Australia.
The amount of press has been unbelievable and I have had garment requests from stylists who work for Kylie Minogue and Cheryl Cole."
- Highlights/regrets from the competition?
"I have no regrets at all from taking part in Fashion Fringe at Covent Garden - it has all been so worthwhile and all of the mentoring sessions were extremely helpful towards my business." 
(I was actually lucky enough to stand in and listen to one of these sessions, I could easily sit and listen to Collin McDowell all day!)  
"The biggest highlight has to be our trip to Paris during the summer, where we visited John Galliano's studio and the Dior studio. The ateliers were so organised and white, with all the machinists wearing white coats - it appeared somewhat like a laboratory. The patterns were so complex and to see the latest haute couture collection was so awe inspiring."
- And your next Steps?
"I am looking into starting a small menswear line. Also, I am planning a trip to Tokyo in March to try and break into the Japanese market."
I, for one, can't wait to see what Alice Palmer comes up with for next year.
Will keep you in the know, my nutty knitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment